Have your say on the future strategy for West Northamptonshire
People can learn more about a new plan to shape the future growth of West Northamptonshire at a series of exhibitions during September.
The events, which are taking place in Northampton, Daventry District, Brackley and Towcester, will give people an opportunity to ask questions about the development of the new West Northamptonshire Strategic Plan.
Daventry District Council, Northampton Borough Council, South Northamptonshire Council and Northamptonshire County Council are working together on the new document, which will set out the direction of economic and housing growth for the area up to the year 2050.
The Plan is an update of the West Northamptonshire Joint Core Strategy, which was published five years ago, and is necessary due to new unitary plans for the county and developments around the Oxford-Cambridge Arc, which has been identified as an area of significant economic potential.
A public consultation running until October 11 is asking for people’s views on the sorts of things the new Strategic Plan should consider, such as housing requirements, priorities for economic development and community infrastructure needs.
The exhibitions will give people a chance to find out more the plan and the consultation, as well as providing an opportunity to chat to officers from the Joint Planning Unit and the partner Councils.
They will take place from 2pm to 7pm at:
· Towcester: The Forum, Moat Lane (NN12 6AD) on Tuesday 10 September
· Northampton: The Guidhall Court Room, St Giles' Square (NN1 1DE) on Wednesday 11 September
· Daventry: Town Council offices, New Street (NN11 4BT) on Monday 16 September
· Northampton: The Guidhall Court Room, St Giles' Square (NN1 1DE) on Tuesday 17 September
· Naseby: Village Hall, Haselbech Road (NN6 6DE) on Wednesday 18 September
· Brackley: Town Hall, High Street (NN13 7DS) on Thursday 19 September
The consultation runs until 11 October 2019 and people can find out more and fill in an online questionnaire at https://westnorthantsplan.inconsult.uk
Copies of the relevant documents and consultation are also available from libraries and council offices across the West Northamptonshire area.