The church (dedicated to “All Saints”) was rebuilt in 1849, on the site of the previous church, to accommodate a growing population. The 1841 census records 1469 inhabitants in Braunston Parish. The stone from the earlier 14th century church was used in addition to Kenilworth red sand stone, while the parapets, aisles and tower spire are of grey Weldon stone.
The church, with its fine, majestic crocketed spire rising to 150feet, dominates the surrounding countryside. Views of it can be seen from all directions.
There are carved faces on either side of many of the windows. One striking example on the end of a wall in the north-east corner has its mouth open, perhaps to ward off evil spirits! There are also faces- possibly of Queen Victoria and a monk - on either side of the porch entrance. In the churchyard is the tomb of Admiral Oliver John Jones who died at Westfield House, Braunston on 11th January 1878 aged 64 and so far from the sea he had known!
Inside the church is an overwhelming impression of space and light, a long nave with north and south aisles, and five chamfered arches supported by octagonal pillars. Two of these arches were retained from the original church. The south aisle is extended to the east of the church and is now used as a Parish room and vestry. A piscina is built into the south wall.
The pulpit is made of different marbles and replaced a wooden one in about 1880.It was a gift from Iris Garratt. A local blacksmith, George White, made the iron support for a rail to the pulpit and George Spencer made the tracery of the oak choir stalls. The font was fashioned in pink marble and designed by William Butterfield in 1874. It replaced a Norman font which is now situated by the lectern. The lectern has figures carved on it representing the four Evangelists. On the wall is a list of incumbents dating from 1538. The old chest in the nave is another relic and was used to house all the church records, which are now in the Northampton Record Office.
An effigy of a 14th century cross-legged knight lies at the end of the south aisle. The rose emblem between his feet suggests he is William de Ros who died in 1352 while on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. At the back of the church is the damaged head of a former churchyard cross (probably 14th century), depicting scenes from the crucifixion, including a priest with robes, the Virgin Mary with Jesus, and soldiers. In the east window of the sanctuary is a stained glass window, depicting “The Ascension”. This was dedicated to the memory of the Rev. Clough, by his widow, parishioners and friends, in 1871.
"We are sorry to have to announce the retirement of Mr and Mrs Rowledge from their offices as Parish Clerk, Sexton and Cleaners of the Church which they have held for nearly fifty years. Always punctual and polite, ready to help in every way, they have served the church and Parish faithfully."