Braunston Village Hall - Hiring and Information

Braunston Parish Council News

Police and Crime Commissioner 25 Jun 2017 Police and Crime Commissioner Fire Governance Consultation

Message sent by
Susan Fletcher (Police, Crime Prevention Officer, Northamptonshire)


Today, we have launched a public consultation regarding proposals for the governance of Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service to transfer from the Fire Authority which currently sits in Northamptonshire County Council, to the Police and Crime Commissioner, who would therefore become the Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner.


The government wants our emergency services to work much more collaboratively and has recently changed the law to allow this to happen. We already do this really well in Northamptonshire but there is scope for this to increase and for our fire and police services to work more closely together to keep our communities safe.


We want to ensure as many people who live and work in Northamptonshire have their say and tell us what benefits and concerns they may have. We have produced a leaflet (attached) and a short animated film to describe the proposal in a young person friendly format.  To view the short video:


We have created an online survey to capture people’s views, which can be accessed at (a postal survey and easy read version are also available).  The survey closes on Tuesday 1st August 2017.


We would really appreciate it if you would be able to assist us by:


•         Promoting the consultation to the public through your website, newsletters and any other public communication channels

•         Inform us of any community groups you have that we might be able to attend to discuss the proposal with or for you to share with young people on our behalf

•         Promoting the consultation to your staff who work and or/live in the County


Please let us know if you can help us in promoting this consultation or if you have any other channels/ideas of doing so, so that we can widen our reach as far as possible across the county.  


For further information or if you having any questions please contact Sam Ward, Involvement Officer at: